Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Juno oh Juno

Juno
Although the movie isn't blatantly pro-life, an endorsement from the Catholic News Service for its pro-life message doesn't help its image.

Aside from that, I just didn't get it. I thought the story would have been much better had it not been for the "witticisms" of the characters. The dialogue sounded as if a 30-year old jaded Gen X-er wanted to desperately fit in with a 15-17 year old crowd. Getting past the "honest to blog" and "wizard" sayings was tough. They jump out at you. It's like Joey Gladstone's "Cut. It. Out." from Full House, but more prevalent and annoying.

I wanted to like the movie. I liked the storyline, and thought it was on its way to being well done, but the overuse of awful catch phrases and the overly-witty Juno did it in for me.

Jason Bateman and Michael Cera did an amazing job, as did J.K. Simmons. Their performances were well worth all the hype this movie's getting, and the film is worth watching for these guys.

Buy this DVD from Amazon.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never watched this movie before. I heard people say it's good tho.. Hmmm..

Btw, dropped by from SS